Often, camping trips with the whole family are remembered by children their entire lifetime. The key to a great memory is planning. It is important, however, when planning a camping excursion with children that the right family camping sites are chosen so that the whole family can have a safe and enjoyable camping experience.
1. Stone Mountain Park has many activities for the whole family to enjoy. This area has a camping site that is especially suited for inexperienced campers. This makes it ideal for the whole family. Close-by are grills, picnic tables, and decks to make it easy for cooking out and for good times. Any time the family can go and enjoy all the many things there are to do at Stone Mountain.
2. Fort Mountain State Park allows campers to take a tour of authentic American Indian ruins and enjoy guided horseback tours. It is believed that Native Americans have lived there as far back as 500 AD. But those looking for even more adventure can enjoy themselves on the many mountain bike trails and hiking trails.
3. Rock Ranch is an unforgettable experience for the whole family. The children can take pony rides and the whole family can enjoy pedal boats. There is pole fishing and zip lines waiting to be enjoyed. The family can sleep in covered wagons of the Old West and enjoy a campfire where everyone can toast marshmallows while listening to professional storytellers. This area has over 1500 Acres that can be camped on and enjoyed by the whole family.
4. Allatoona Landing is just 40 miles north of the city of Atlanta and has plenty of water activities in the nearby lake. Here the whole family can enjoy fishing, jet skiing, wakeboarding and of course tubing. The area has 116 camping areas that are suitable for both tents and RVs. So even when a family is not wanting to sleep in a tent they can still enjoy the camping experience.
Anyone wanting to go to Allatoona Landing should call ahead to see if camping sites are available. This is a very popular place and with its close proximity to Atlanta, it is very busy during the summer months. Individuals and families alike enjoy the area and the water activities making this one of the most popular camping spots in the state.
5. Jellystone Park is by far the quintessential family camping area. It’s very family and children friendly and has every imaginable amenity available while camping. There are game rooms, a playground, and even a mini golf course. This area has its own theme park and pool for the kids to splash around in. This camping area is less than an hour’s drive from the city of Atlanta and it includes weekly themes that change so even if a family has been, they can go again and have a new experience. There are RV facilities as well as cabin rentals and other resort-style amenities.
These are by far the best family camping sites in the state of Georgia. It is great fun in the sun for the whole family. Even if someone has never been camping, these facilities make it easy and comfortable.